[kde-freebsd] KSayit questions... .

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Tue May 22 07:55:17 CEST 2007

On Monday, 21. May 2007, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	Guys,
>
> 	No responce from the -questions list, so I'm trying the KDE
> 	list with this re-send.  For some reason, no sound is output when
> 	I use KSayit.  I run Gnome, but use a number of KDE applications.

kttsd pipes the text-to-speech engine output through arts. My guess is that
arts isn't running since you run Gnome, and your setup somehow prevents arts
from being autolaunched by kttsd. You might want to try starting arts
manually as part of your gnome session - make sure there is an audio device
left for it to allocate though.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org