[kde-freebsd] KSayit questions... .

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Mon May 21 21:26:46 CEST 2007

	Guys,

	No responce from the -questions list, so I'm trying the KDE
	list with this re-send.  For some reason, no sound is output when
	I use KSayit.  I run Gnome, but use a number of KDE applications.

	I *did* have the text-to-speech
	stuff working on the KDE desktop) on my antique Kayak.  I don't
	know how because the Kayay has been temporarily disconnected.
	But now witha newer and blindingly better Dell: no-joy.  I've
	installed several of the festival ports, I've installed ksayit
	and the ktts stuff.  I had to install the kde3* stuff.

	Below are the errors that have stumped me:

Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed
Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed
kbuildsycoca running...
DCOP Cleaning up dead connections.
QObject::connect: No such signal KTTSDLib::signalCallPreferences()
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'KTTSD-Library')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'MainWindow')
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype KSayIt/FXPlugin not found
Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed

	There are a few KDE apps that just-work--or *used to*.  The
	tts apps and that konqueror has ktts built-in is one reason I
	use konqueror now and then.

	The "Session management error" message sounds like I'm missing
	something on the ssh side; but ssh should have nothing to do with
	this application.

	So:  Can anybody out there clue me in?  If thisis a sound card
	problem,  I have not yet changed my "vchan" setting....

	thanks!

	gary

	PS: Note that KSayit says it is "synthesizing", but no sound from
	    the speakers.  Audio does work otherwise.

--
  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix