[kde-freebsd] xorg 7.2, gcc 4.2, -current

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Mon May 21 12:23:17 CEST 2007

On Monday, 21. May 2007, Wes Morgan wrote:
> On Sun, 20 May 2007, Wes Morgan wrote:
> > Has anyone running -current upgraded to xorg 7.2 and reinstalled kde
> > successfully? I've now rebuilt my entire ports tree and have not been
> > able to find a problem. My CFLAGS are the same as they have been for
> > ages...
> >
> > The error is with "start_kdeinit" and "kgrantpty" (maybe more problems
> > that I have yet to see actually) as seen below (ignore the strange
> > device, I ran startkde from within fvwm2):
>
> I think I've tracked the error down... libtool is using "-pie" during the
> build, which the freebsd can't handle yet. Ugh. Anyone know how to stop
> this from happening?

Sounds like the problem is with -CURRENT/gcc then - I suggest you raise
awareness for this issue on the freebsd-current@ mailing list. If you can't
get anyone to listen, we can think about a workaround - adding --disable-pie
to CONFIGURE_ARGS globally might work (if you want to try this, the best
place is probably in bsd.kde.mk, right after --disable-as-needed). Please do
try and get someone on -current to comment first though.

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org