[kde-freebsd] xorg 7.2, gcc 4.2, -current

Wes Morgan morganw at chemikals.org
Mon May 21 02:22:46 CEST 2007

Has anyone running -current upgraded to xorg 7.2 and reinstalled kde
successfully? I've now rebuilt my entire ports tree and have not been able
to find a problem. My CFLAGS are the same as they have been for ages...

The error is with "start_kdeinit" and "kgrantpty" (maybe more problems
that I have yet to see actually) as seen below (ignore the strange
device, I ran startkde from within fvwm2):

startkde: Starting up...
start_kdeinit: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
startkde: Could not start kdeinit. Check your installation.
kdeinit: Shutting down running client.
kbuildsycoca running...
DCOP Cleaning up dead connections.
kwin: unable to claim manager selection, another wm running? (try using --replace)
/usr/local/bin/kgrantpty: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
kdecore (KProcess): WARNING: chownpty failed for device /dev/ptyp6::/dev/ttyp6
This means the communication can be eavesdropped.