[kde-freebsd] kdebase3/kdehier error

Brian Somers brian at Awfulhak.org
Fri May 11 19:37:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

It seems that there's a very purposeful bug in kdebase3,
namely

SUB_FILES=      kdm pkg-deinstall pkg-install pkg-message

which contains pkg-install and pkg-deinstall.  These
scripts explicitly remove PREFIX/share/templates/.keep_me
which is carefully created by kdehier.

If I "make -C /usr/ports/x11/kde3 package-recursive" it
fails because of this (everything's "make install"d and
the ensuing "make package-noinstall" fails for kdehier
because kdebase3 has removed kdehier's .keep_me file).

The cvs logs for pkg-{de,}install.in give no hint at
their intent, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to why
this is done.

So, can we fix this?  I'd suggest removing the
share/templates entry from kdehier's dirlist,
removing the .keep_me entry from kdehier's
pkg-plist, removing the pkg-*install words from
kdebase3's SUB_FILES and deleting the pkg-*install.in
files from kdebase3.

Unless of course there's something more sinister going
on....

Cheers.

--
Brian Somers                                       <brian at Awfulhak.org>
Don't _EVER_ lose your sense of humour !            <brian at FreeBSD.org>