[kde-freebsd] qt3 and qt4

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Sun May 6 18:14:21 CEST 2007

On Friday, 4. May 2007, Max Brazhnikov wrote:
> I don't bother about qwt5 since only my port depends on it but about
> qwtplot3d. The development of qwtplot3d is stagnated, library is stable
> enough and can be build with qt3 or qt4. But I can't switch qwtplot3d over
> qt4 simply -- the library is used by math/labplot also. That's why I'm
> asking about two copy of the same lib one of which is built with qt3 and
> another with qt4.
>
> What will be a preferred solution? Create qwtplot3d-qt4 port that will
> conflict with existent port of qwtplot3d or install files into another
> place and/or rename them?

Both would be fine. Patching the qwtplot3d on your own to not conflict with
itself will probably result in a lot of work down the line in both the
qwtplot3d-qt4 port and the ports which attempt to use it, on the other hand
it will enable people to use more applications on one system. It's up to you
to decide if you want to invest that kind of work.

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org