[kde-freebsd] kmail crashes frequently when reads IMAP folder

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Fri Mar 30 14:40:27 CEST 2007

On Friday, 30. March 2007, grimnir wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm using KDE 3.5.6 under FreeBSD 6.2-release
>
> kde-xdg-env-1.0_2,1
> kdeaccessibility-3.5.6
> kdeartwork-3.5.6_1
> kdeartwork-xscreensaver-kde-3.5.6_1
> kdebase-3.5.6
> kdebase-kompmgr-3.5.6
> kdegames-3.5.6
> kdegraphics-3.5.6
> kdegraphics-kamera-3.5.6
> kdegraphics-kuickshow-3.5.6
> kdehier-1.0_11
> kdelibs-3.5.6
> kdemultimedia-3.5.6
> kdemultimedia-xine_artsplugin-3.5.6_1
> kdenetwork-3.5.6
> kdenetwork-kopete-0.12.4
> kdepim-3.5.6
> kdesdk-3.5.6
> kdetoys-3.5.6
> kdeutils-3.5.6
>
> I have an IMAP account (on a courier-ipamd server) and several filter rules
> in kmail, which sort incoming mail by sender/subject and place it into
> several local folders. When kmail checks for new messages an IMAP mailbox,
> it freezes often and crashes

Please a file a bug report at http://bugs.kde.org and report the number it
gets assigned here so we can track it. You might want to reinstall the
kdepim3 port with WANT_KDE_DEBUG defined (in /etc/make.conf or by doing
portupgrade -m'-DWANT_KDE_DEBUG' -f kdepim') and then get a backtrace of the
crash with the additional debugging information before submitting.

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org