[kde-freebsd] Pressing the button 'eject' on the dvd-device, causes crash of kded

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Fri Mar 23 16:34:45 CET 2007

On Thursday, 22. March 2007, Andrew Muhametshin wrote:
> Version:            (using KDE KDE 3.5.6)
> Installed from:    FreeBSD Ports
> Compiler:          gcc version 3.4.6 [FreeBSD] 20060305 CPU: AMD
> Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+, real memory  = 1005518848, Optiarc DVD RW
> AD-7173A/1-01
> OS:                FreeBSD
>
> If to press the button "eject" on a cd-drive there is a fatal failure in
> kded and a cd-tray does not open (the report of failure below). But if
> to press the button "eject" it is repeated - that the cd-tray opens,
> already without problems.

I've seen that problem before myself and thought I had worked around it
sucessfully by disabling the listing of mounted nfs shares in media, but I
guess that wasn't quite enough.

Andrew: Could you provide a list (or a screenshot) of what devices are
typically listed in media:/ for you?

Maxim: Do you have any idea what is happening here? From what I can gather,
sometimes media:/ will feed dbus with device names that generate an error in
dbus that media:/ cannot handle.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org