[kde-freebsd] qt4 and -no-sm

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Tue Mar 20 16:50:33 CET 2007

On Tuesday, 20. March 2007, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> Did the no-sm thread reach a result? I've started trying to compile KDE4
> against the Qt4 ports and the -no-sm breaks kdelibs compile (25% in).

Nobody was able to reproduce the crashes I'm seeing so far and I haven't had
time to investigate further (KDE/KOffice updates and just recently Qt 3.3.8
getting in the way).

Based on that, I would just enable sm for everyone, if that would not quite
effectively prevent me from maintaining the ports. I cannot make it a port
option either, because a session management enabled Qt4 also happens to be
binary incompatible with a -no-sm Qt4 (applications built against an
sm-enabled Qt4 won't run with a -no-sm Qt4).

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org