[kde-freebsd] qtenv script

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Sun Mar 18 22:15:22 CET 2007

As an aid for switching between different Qt development environments, I
created the attached qtenv script. I am sharing it in hopes it might be
useful to others.

The script will set environment variables, create symlinks in $HOME/bin, and
launch a new terminal window (konsole by default). It can switch between the
qt33 and qt4 ports, as well as Qt 4 installations under the
standard /usr/local/Trollech location. There's some brief documentation
available with the --help option.

Examples:

qtenv 3
    Switch to x11-toolkits/qt33 port
qtenv 4
    Switch to devel/qt4 port
qtenv 4.1.4
    Switch to /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.4
qtenv trolltech
    Switch to the highest version found under /usr/local/Trolltech
qtenv
    Uses the default argument (trolltech), configured with DEFAULT_QTENV_ARGS
. qtenv
    As above, but won't launch terminal window

p.s. I'm not that great of a scripter/admin, so if you are, please look over
the script and direct any corrections or advice my way.

--
David Johnson <david at usermode.org>