[kde-freebsd] KMail crashes

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Fri Jun 29 15:03:17 CEST 2007

On Thursday, 28. June 2007, David Southwell wrote:

> > Do this for each thread in the list. Then save the complete terminal
> > buffer (in Konsole, use "Save History As" in the Edit menu) to a file and
> > send the output here (or open a bug report on bugs.kde.org with that file
> > attached and report the number it gets assigned here on the list).
> >

> > Good luck,
>
> Thank you Michael
>
> Well after a major interuption in my life dealing with some health issues I
> got round to following your suggestions. The result is a PR 114066 and a
> new thread entiled ports/114066: Kmail crashes.
>
> Thank you Michael for your ever helpful guidance

While I think it's great you didn't drop the ball on this, you unfortunately
sent your bug report to the wrong bug tracker - I suggested to open a bug
report at KDE's bug reporting system at http://bugs.kde.org and report the
number it gets assigned there. Since the debug output you gathered is very
comprehensive, I suggest you go ahead and do that, I will then close the PR
you opened and continue tracking the issue there.

The reason why it is better to have this issue reported there rather than in
the FreeBSD bugtracker is that in KDE's bugtracker, it is far more likely to
receive the attention of actual kmail developers. Note: Try and paste your
debug output directly into KDE's bugzilla form if it lets you, do not
compress and attach it.

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org