[kde-freebsd] switching to Qt4 any time soon?

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Mon Jul 2 07:23:29 CEST 2007

Hello!

I'm preparing to upgrade print/lyx to the soon-to-be-released version 1.5.0.

One of the things of note about the new version is that it has only ONE
front-end -- Qt4. Although Gtk front-end might return later, the XForms and
the Qt3 front-ends are gone for good.

Which leads me to ask about the ETA of Qt4 support (by default?) by KDE... It
would be nicer, if Qt3 were no longer required for a well-equipped desktop.

Also, after installing Qt4 (for the first time), I was surprised to find glib
among the dependencies. I thought, Qt4 is available under both GPL and a
commercial license, which means, use of glib ought to be optional... Not
sure, how it got there -- maybe, through one of the Xorg's components?

Thanks! Yours,

	-mi