[kde-freebsd] kwifimanager

kfahoo kfahoo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 14:48:10 CET 2007

hello

i was wondering why my kdenetwork is being compiled without kwifimanager (i
always compile programs from ports) and i found a message:

You're missing the wireless tools libraries, or the wireless tools
header files. Without these, KWiFiManager and the kwireless applet
will not be compiled. You are unable to monitor wireless LAN
connections without these. If you want wireless LAN support enabled,
have a look at
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Tools.html
or find a binary package for your system.

at that link above are only tools for linux and i wasn't able to find any
tools for freebsd in ports tree and neither google

could you tell me what tools (libraries) do i need?

i have notebook with Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG which uses iwi drivers and
works fine and my freebsd version: 6.2 (latest i think)