[kde-freebsd] FreeBSD: kopete: net/ortp dependency issue

Jamie Jones jamie at bishopston.net
Mon Jan 29 06:59:47 CET 2007

> > net-im/kopete requires net/ortp to be installed, but it's not listed as a
> > dependency.
> >
> > I just did a clean install of kde3.5.5 and the install failed with:
> >
> > kopete build failure: msrtprecv.c:29: error: structure has no member named
> > `db_ref'
> >
> > , for this very reason (I didn't have net/ortp installed)
>
> Which version of FreeBSD are you building on? According to the kopete
> Makefile, net/ortp is a LIB_DEPENDS on versions newer than 500028 (way back
> in 5.0-CURRENT days)

Apologies, I didn't look closer at the Makefile, but I'm actually running
the latest Stable, and the latest ports sync:

6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #0: Thu Jan 25 02:15:54 GMT 2007

Anyway, I looked a bit closer now, and I see from a system-filelist archive
from last week that my machine actually had:

1297039        0 lrwxr-xr-x    1 root             wheel                  12 May 30  2006 /usr/local/lib/libortp.so -> libortp.so.4
1298249      132 -rwxr-xr-x    1 root             wheel               65839 May 30  2006 /usr/local/lib/libortp.so.4

So, this is why kopete didn't try to install net/ortp

Looking closer at the files in /var/db/pkg, I see that net/ortp indeed WASN'T installed, however, the package: net/linphone-base
installs the above mentioned files.

These files, therefore incompatible with kopete, still cause it to not install a newer ortp - in other words, i think anyone who
already has linphone installed may hit these problems.

Cheers,
Jamie