[kde-freebsd] port building problems -- qt4

chuckr chuckr at chuckr.org
Sun Feb 25 02:58:46 CET 2007

Well, in sending this to "kde at freebsd.org", I am addressing this from
hints I found
on the web, that I think may well be very dated, so if I'm in error, I
apologize, and
request that you inform me of what I should be doing.

I'm trying to build the qt4 port, but I'm hitting a rather odd problem,
so I thought I
would pass along the problem: in building a dependency
(databases/firebird-client) I
hit an error that requests that I should not build this as root, because
it causes
potential problems with SysV semaphores.  When I then dropped the root
privs,
I got another error from the same port, telling me I needed the root
privs.  I can't
seem to find a middle path that the system likes.

I am going ot see if maybe I could limp along building it without the
port, becuase
my goal isn't actually kde, it's to use qt4 and python/sqlite3 in a
database, hopefully
with a nice graphic interface.

Hope this is of some help.