[kde-freebsd] broke my kde, any hints?

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Mon Feb 12 19:31:54 CET 2007

>>> /usr/local/bin/start_kdeinit: Exec format error. Binary file not
>>> executable.
>> No such file or directory. That's not part of a regular KDE installation.

For me, it definitely is part of kdelibs:

%pkg_info -W start_kdeinit
/usr/local/bin/start_kdeinit was installed by package kdelibs-3.5.5_2

However, this file is an ELF executable and not a shell script or some
other weird thing as it appears to be in Helge's case:

%file /usr/local/bin/start_kdeinit
/usr/local/bin/start_kdeinit: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386,
version 1 (FreeBSD), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), strip

Helge, what is the output of "file /usr/local/bin/start_kdeinit" on your
system? If it's not an ELF executable - what is the contents of this file?

- Bartosz