[kde-freebsd] [ports-sparc64 at FreeBSD.org: OpenEXR-1.6.0 failed on sparc64 6]

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon Dec 31 02:42:25 CET 2007

On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 07:57:45PM +0100, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Tilman Linneweh wrote:
> >I am a bit behind and currently don't have a SPARC, but maybe we can
> >get KDE building by just disabling the OpenEXR self-tests?
>
> Is there much point if it is not going to run properly on the user
> system anyway?

As a sanity test, I disabled the ones that are invoked from the Makefile.
No difference.  I think there are other ones internal to its own config.

Without someone who's actually running KDE on sparc64 who's willing and
able to put in some debugging time, I'm not going to be able to resolve
this: as much of a time-slice as I can allocate to sparc64 is the
"smoke-test" of just seeing if the packages build at all.  I have no
way to actually test them either (or cycles to do so).

I intend to write up a wiki page about the state of the packages on
sparc64 (executive summary: "disappointing") and then try to use that
to see if we've got enough critical mass, at least on the workstation
front, to make it worth continuing to try to look at some of these
problems.

Consider this an excellent opportunity for someone who runs sparc64
systems, and has time, to contribute to FreeBSD :-)

mcl