[kde-freebsd] knotify died....

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Wed Dec 12 07:02:37 CET 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 10:28:58PM +0100, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2007, Gary Kline wrote:
> >         No answers on this?  I was hoping that some audio wizard know
> >         how to reinstantiate a crashed knotify.    ....
>
> KNotify isn't particularly tied to audio, though.
>
> I looked around a bit and couldn't find an effective way to do this either. I
> think it's supposed to be auto-restarted within a KDE session.

	When then is there a way to re-start the system sound? Or more to
	the point, just the BEL that sounds within vi[m]?  I rarely watch
	the screen when I type.
	(still using my typing training-wheels:).  So I don't see the
	shell bell icon.  SO far, the only fix  is to restart X.

	If anybody else reads this who is hacking the "Accessibility"
	code, I'd like to put in my comments for having a way of doing
	this by-hand.   {Else, could there be an uber-daemon to make sure
	that all theses odds and ends are functional?  ...Something.}

	gary

  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix