[kde-freebsd] Missing URW Fonts

Sean McLaughlin sigma.zx at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 23:58:10 CET 2007

Several of the fonts from x11-fonts/urwfonts-ttf aren't being found in
the "Select Font" dialogs of KDE applications.  For instance, Nimbus Roman
No9 L only gives Regular and Italic as choices for the font style, and in
both cases the font is boldface, but I cat get all four faces in Inkscape,
and inexplicably the Font Installer.  Nimbus Mono L only has bold italic.
There are also some naming issues:  Zapf Chancery is called just "URW" and
Zapf Dingbats is "Dingbats".

I already tried importing the whole of /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/urwfonts-ttf/
with the Font Installer, and that had no effect.