[kde-freebsd] Removal of gnu-autoconf/make

Patrick Lamaiziere patfbsdkde at davenulle.org
Sun Aug 19 22:30:42 CEST 2007

Le Sun, 19 Aug 2007 17:08:41 +0200,
Michael Nottebrock <lofi at freebsd.org> a écrit :

> >> Well, this port uses the script admin/detect-autoconf.pl, with the
> >> patch from Adriaan it compiles fine.
> >>
> >> I will submit a PR, but is-it possible to have a global fix? Or we
> >> have to fix all KDE ports that use this script?
> >>
> No *port* should use that script anyway - if a KDE application
> attempts to regenerate any of the autotools-generated files, this
> means that the distribution tarball is buggy and contains files with
> mismatching timestamps. This can be fixed by doing make extract; cd
> to ${WRKSRC}, running gmake -d to see which files cause the
> dependency regeneration to kick in and ${TOUCH}-ing them to a
> different timestamp (use ls -lT to see detailed timestamps) in the
> post-patch target of the port. I've done this a couple of times
> myself in different ports, for example devel/kdevelop itself and the
> audio/akode* ports.

Ok, thanks for the help.

I don't think that it is a problem with timestamps.
The script admin/detect-autoconf.pl is called by admin/cvs.sh because
the makefile /usr/ports/deskutils/ksmoothdock/Makefile calls gmake with
admin/Makefile.common. If i understand well, Makefile.common always
calls the script admin/cvs.sh

PORTNAME=       ksmoothdock
[...]
pre-configure:
        @cd ${WRKSRC}/admin && ${RM} -f ltmain.sh && ${CP} -f
	@cd ${WRKSRC} && ${GMAKE} -f admin/Makefile.common

If i remove this line ${GMAKE} -f admin/Makefile.common, the port
builds and runs fine, so what is the goal and is it the bug ?

I don't have the time to fill a PR now, i'm going on hollidays.
Regards.