[kde-freebsd] OpenGL in KDE only on top 420 pixels

Victor Engmark victor.engmark at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:31:32 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I'm currently running KDE 3.5.6 on 6.2-RELEASE, and I've tested OpenGL with
the screen savers from the "OpenGL Screen Sav..." [sic] category. The
results so far:

   - KRotation doesn't work at all, but I don't get any error messages,
   and `grep -iR krotation /var/log/*` doesn't give any results.
   - KPendulum and Space work and are centered on the screen.
   - All the others (Bitmap Flag, Euphoria, Fireworks 3D, Flux, Gravity,
   Particle Fountain, and Solar Winds) use only the top 420 pixels of the
   screen. It looks as though the graphics has been displaced, because it
   doesn't look like it's been scaled to fit the area, and it also doesn't look
   like the bottom 630 px (my screen is 1400x1050 px) have been cropped.

Searching Google and the KDE <http://bugs.kde.org/> and
x.org<https://bugs.freedesktop.org/>bug databases didn't produce any
results which seem related. Any tips?

Here are the relevant parts of my /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
Section "Monitor"
  Identifier   "Dell Latitude D610 monitor"
  VendorName   "SEC"
  ModelName    "3450"
  DisplaySize  285.7 214.3
  Option       "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
  Identifier  "Intel 915GM"
  Driver      "i810"
  VendorName  "Intel Corporation"
  BoardName   "Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller"
  BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
  Identifier   "Dell Latitude D610 screen"
  Device       "Intel 915GM"
  Monitor      "Dell Latitude D610 monitor"
  DefaultDepth 24
  SubSection "Display"
    Depth   1
    Modes   "1400x1050" "1024x768"
  EndSubSection
  SubSection "Display"
    Depth   4
    Modes   "1400x1050" "1024x768"
  EndSubSection
  SubSection "Display"
    Depth   8
    Modes   "1400x1050" "1024x768"
  EndSubSection
  SubSection "Display"
    Depth   15
    Modes   "1400x1050" "1024x768"
  EndSubSection
  SubSection "Display"
    Depth   16
    Modes   "1400x1050" "1024x768"
  EndSubSection
  SubSection "Display"
    Depth   24
    Modes   "1400x1050" "1024x768"
  EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
  Mode 0666
EndSection

Also, I use the following to enable the native resolution:
$ tail -1 /etc/rc.d/local
/usr/local/bin/915resolution 3c 1400 1050

--
Victor Engmark
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - What is said in Latin, sounds