[kde-freebsd] qt upgrade strangeness

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Tue Apr 17 20:58:42 CEST 2007

On Tuesday, 17. April 2007, Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 of April 2007, Michael Nottebrock wrote:

No - I'm guessing the problem is that qmake generates wrong dependencies in
Makefiles when it configures Qt with a prefix that is different from the one
of a previously installed Qt, with the dependencies being generated on files
in the destination install prefix instead of the workdir. The most obvious
workaround: Deinstall (as in make deinstall) qt33, then (and only then)
rebuild and reinstall qt33 with the new PREFIX set. An update script could
take care of this rather easily as part of a post-update cleanup routine.

I can also try to reproduce this and, if I succeed, try to come up with some
post-configure in-place Makefile editing, if my guess turns out to be
correct, but I am still busy with changing a number of qt4 ports to avoid
conflicting with qt33 after the X11BASE-move and flz@ already told me would
very much like to remain on schedule and do the merge on the upcoming
monday - I'm simply not sure I will be able to address this problem in time.

Another option would be doing nothing, writing up an UPDATING entry and
pointing disgruntled users to that, of course. ;)

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org