[kde-freebsd] Conflicting file in x11-toolkits/qt33 and devel/qt4-designer

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Sun Apr 15 19:39:52 CEST 2007

On Sunday 15 April 2007, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> The above means that qt33 and qt4 will move into the same prefix, which
> causes a lot of conflicts and will require renaming a lot of executables.
> The list of candidates:
>
> assistant
> designer
> linguist
> lrelease
> lupdate
> qtconfig
> qvfb
>
> I'm in favour of following the lead of Debian and Fedora and suffixing them
> all with "-qt4" - giving the popularity of those two Linux distributions,
> out of the box support for this configuration should be rather good and the
> breakage minimal. Any objections or suggestions from developers on this
> list who are using the Qt4 ports?

Two comments. First, I would prefer that the suffixes be uniform, if possible.
moc and uic are currently suffixes with "4" instead of "qt4", for example.

Second, is "qvfb" required? This is part of Qtopia Core. It's only a part of
Qt (afaik) because Qtopia Core and Qt share the same code base.

--
David Johnson <david at usermode.org>