[kde-freebsd] missing kgamma

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Sun Apr 15 16:28:11 CEST 2007

On Sunday, 15. April 2007, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> On Sunday 15 April 2007 15:41:43 Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > On Friday, 13. April 2007, makc wrote:
> > > Hi all.
> > > Sometimes it's difficult to find needful module in the Control center.
> > > Especially if it isn't there:
> > >
> > > ~>pkg_info -g kdegraphics-3.5.6
> > > Information for kdegraphics-3.5.6:
> > >
> > > Mismatched Checksums:
> > > pkg_info: /usr/local/share/applications/kde/kgamma.desktop doesn't
> > > exist
> > >
> > > I'm not sure is it port problem,
> > > Could anyone confirm this?
> >
> > At some point there was a standalone kgamma port - if you recently
> > deinstalled that, that might explain how the desktop file went missing.
> > The kdegraphics3 port should be okay.
>
> I'm also seeing this on a couple of machines, neither of which ever had the
> standalone port installed. I've not looked into it further yet though.

Actually you're right, it was missing here as well and after reinstalling the
port, it's there. It might be missing for everyone who updated from 3.5.5.

My initial suspicion was that kdegraphics requires kdebase to install the
kcmgamma module, but it builds and installs just fine on the packagebuilder
without it. I'm also having a bit of a dejavu - could it be that this has
been happening with *every* KDE update for quite some time now?

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org