[kde-freebsd] bsd.kde.mk - qt3

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Sat Apr 7 20:41:50 CEST 2007

Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> Is there a plan to get qt3 support to the state qt4
> is in? E.g. QMAKE and QMAKESPEC variables are missing.

I'm not sure it's worth the effort as Qt3 is going to become ever more
obsolete and there are hardly any new ports added anymore which use it
(except for KDE3 applications, but those don't use qmake). On the other
hand, it probably wouldn't be hard to do, as far as providing the
variables is concerned.
Splitting up Qt3 into subports however ... I don't think that would make
much sense at this point.

At the moment I'm working on factoring the qt4 bits out of bsd.kde.mk into
a new bsd.qt(4).mk in order to untangle the logic and to make the macros
provided for Qt4 pre/post-include-safe.

> Thanks!
>
> P.S. Is kde@ a closed list?

Not at all, anyone can subscribe at