[kde-freebsd] Question about porting a little KDE app

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Fri Apr 6 23:50:58 CEST 2007

Daniel W. Steinbrook wrote:
> There's the problem!  The libraries are in fact in ${PREFIX}/lib/kde3,
> but I had set USE_LDCONFIG to ${PREFIX}/lib.  That's why it was acting
> funny.  Thanks for your help.

Oh you don't need USE_LDCONFIG for the libraries in ${PREFIX}/lib/kde3 -
those are dlopen()'ed by KLibLoader and the dynamic linker won't pick them
up anyway because they (should) lack revision numbers in their filenames
(i.e. they are called foobar.so instead of foobar.so.X).

And in case an actual shared library that can be picked up by the dynamic
linker ever ends up in there (which would be a bug), the kdelibs3 port
already adds ${PREFIX}/lib/kde3 to the LDCONFIG paths ... :)

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org