[kde-freebsd] [Fwd: Re: Konqueror errors]

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Fri Apr 6 19:54:10 CEST 2007

David Johnson wrote:
> On Friday 06 April 2007 10:15, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>> Fortunately, there are also user-definable switches which will override
>> the 'smart' decisions of USE_OPENSSL, setting
>>
>> WITH_OPENSSL_BASE= YES
>>
>> in /etc/make.conf does a good job keeping the openssl port off the
>> harddisk and getting everything linked with the base system openssl.
>
> I've got a gazillion ports dependent on openssl, so how do I remove that
> port without breaking everything else?

Setting that switch and then running portupgrade -fr openssl\* should
work, but I would try to map the libcrypto and libssl libraries from the
port to the ones in the base system(*), then pkg_delete openssl\* and test
if that works out okay - if it does and the switch is set in
/etc/make.conf, normal ports maintenance should slowly make the mapping
unnecessary over time (or at least allow you to put it off until
recompiling all those ports is convenient).

If it doesn't, reinstall the openssl port, run the portupgrade command and
pkg_deinstall openssl\* once it has finished.

(*) eg for FreeBSD 6.2-R:
/etc/libmap.conf:
# candidate             mapping
libssl.so.5             libssl.so.4