[kde-freebsd] qt upgrade strangeness

John Nielsen lists at jnielsen.net
Thu Apr 5 18:29:27 CEST 2007

I've had some trouble upgrading qt on two different machines now. I'm using
the experimental Xorg git ports tree on both and I'm not sure if that's a
factor, which is why I'm CC-ing x11 at .

In short, qt will install happily the first time but not the second. It looks
to my untrained eye like building [an upgraded] qt when qt is already
installed somehow taints the build. The build will complete successfully, but
it will fail during the install step whether or not the old qt was
uninstalled between the make and install steps--I tried an install without
uninstalling the old one using FORCE_PKG_REGISTER and it failed differently,
but it still failed. However, if qt and qmake are removed completely before
starting the [new] build for qt, it will install just fine.

I'd like to determine if 1) this is a known problem and 2) this is specific to
the Xorg ports tree so I know whether or not to send in a PR.

Thanks!

JN