[kde-freebsd] Question about porting a little KDE app

Daniel W. Steinbrook dsteinbrook at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 20:21:12 CEST 2007

I just finished a simple port (my first) of one of my favorite little KDE
applications, the Keep backup tool
(http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=32984), and I hope to submit
it to the ports collection soon.  It builds/installs/packages
itself/deinstalls nicely now, but I have one porting-noobish-type
question: what is the proper use of ldconfig in the Makefile?  Keep does
install some files into ${PREFIX}/lib, including a KDE service daemon, but
the port runs without the USE_LDCONFIG line.

Is this a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

- Daniel W. Steinbrook