[kde-freebsd] Offering ports for maintainership

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Sun Apr 1 16:45:03 CEST 2007

On Saturday, 31. March 2007, Will Andrews wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 03:43:29PM -0300, M??rio S??rgio Fujikawa Ferreira
wrote:
> >    I would like to offer the following ports to kde at . Would it be
> > possible for me join kde@?

I always considered you part of kde@ (as in the KDE/FreeBSD project). Like
Will says, the mailing list is open to everyone and there are no private
mailing lists or other private resources left anymore.

> > Although I have not been fullfilling my
> > duties as maintainer lately, I am very fond of many of these little
> > puppies. :)
> >
> >    Please let me know if you are interested. I will set maintainership
> > as soon as I get your response.
>
> Mario,

> lofi is the current de facto maintainer of ports whose MAINTAINER
> is kde at freebsd.org.  So it is up to him whether to assimilate
> these ports.

I don't think it would be wise to expand kde@ maintainership to third party
add-on ports. Right now the ports maintained by kde@ cover the official Qt
and KDE source code releases (and cmake) and frankly, that's already more
than enough to deal with.

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org