[i18n] [Bug 511004] Startup screen appears twice in Global Theme

bugzilla_noreply at kde.org bugzilla_noreply at kde.org
Lun 24 Aou 02:10:03 BST 2026


https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=511004

moeenio at disroot.org changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |moeenio at disroot.org

--- Comment #6 from moeenio at disroot.org ---
For context, the second occurence of the term is from a KCM, that as far as
I've seen isn't shipped by default on common distros, plymouth-kcm. On my
Debian 13 (i don't have a newer distro at hand to check out) the problem is
still present if the package kde-config-plymouth is manually installed.

That KCM configures the Plymouth boot screen which is the one before wayland or
x is loaded. Personally I'm not sure how these two could be effectively
distinguished ? I think there isn't currently a meaningful distinction in
English either.

If it is indeed something that is not installed as a default but only when
someone intends on configuring Plymouth specifically, maybe it can make sense
to mention Plymouth explicitly?

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.


Plus d'informations sur la liste de diffusion kde-francophone