Collection of packaging notes

Christophe Marin christophe at krop.fr
Wed Nov 1 10:55:08 GMT 2023

Hello,

With various alpha coming out soon, here are the notes added to my packages
when I started packaging snapshots and still present.

I'm well aware that some of these modules won't be present in the first
releases.

First, the most annoying issue:
Plasma still didn't bump all their libraries soname. That's a major annoyance
for packagers.

- Conflicting files (not mentioned in the other thread)
kcm_trash.desktop is installed by both kio (kf5) and kio-extras (kf6)

- Conflicting translation catalog names:
plasma-integration (plasmaintegration5)
kuserfeedback

- Misnamed libraries:
kmail-account-wizard (liblibaccountwizard.so)
ktextaddons (liblibvoskspeechtotext.so)

- Non frameworks modules installing libKF*.so
ktextaddons (various libraries)
konqueror (libKF6Konq.so)
libksane (libKF5Sane5.so)
kweathercore (libKF6KWeatherCore.so)
libktorrent (libKF5Torrent.so)
libkexiv2 (libKF6KExiv2.so)
libkdcraw (libKF6KDcraw.so)
baloo-widgets (libKF6BalooWidgets.so)
kmoretools (libKF6MoreTools.so)
libkscreen (libKF6Screen.so, libKF6ScreenDpms.so)

- Wrong install location for knewstuff files:
khangman
kturtle

- Wrong install location for CMake files:
qqc2-breeze-style (still uses KF5QQC2BreezeStyle)

- old install location:
kalgebra (/usr/share/katepart5. Note: syntax-highlighting won't ignore the
file, but it's not the default location)
ksystemlog (/usr/share/kxmlgui5/ksystemlog)

- Modules still using QQC1:
kdeplasma-addons (applets/fifteenPuzzle)

- build dependency issues:
plasma5support (links and requires QtGui but doesn't search for it at build
time)
kinfocenter (requires kpackage at build time but doesn't seem to need it)

Christophe