version numbers towards kf6

Heiko Becker heiko.becker at kde.org
Mon Jun 26 12:15:29 BST 2023

On Monday, 26 June 2023 11:13:56 CEST, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> The new versions of frameworks, plasma and gear presumably all
> start with '6'. Following Fedora versioning for snapshots [0]
> gives this:
>
>  6^20230627git5328c27e3

Like Jonathan said, versioning of snapshots is a downstream thing. But if I
understand the ^ operator correctly, doesn't sort 6^20230.. *after* 6.0?

And no, new versions of Gear won't start with '6'. They follow a different
versioning scheme and some projects will probably switch to Qt6/KF6 with
22.12, some with 23.04 or later.

Regards,
Heiko