KStars on Windows

Nicolas Fella nicolas.fella at gmx.de
Wed Mar 9 12:26:40 GMT 2022

On 09/03/2022 08:30, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi Jasem,
>
> Recently some changes were introduced to Frameworks which means that
> they now enforce more rigorously the platforms on which they build.
>
> This means that KAuth is no longer available on Windows -
> unfortunately though it looks like KStars has a mandatory dependency
> on KAuth.
>
> Are you able to make this optional or should we disable Windows CI
> builds for KStars?
>
> Cheers,
> Ben

Hi Ben,

it looks like KStars doesn't use KAuth directly at all (ever since
https://invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/commit/b17a8a3d4453e60d7f34023b8d633a80ebc37638).
I suspect that the find_package you are seeing comes from the public
interface of some dependency (KConfigWidgets comes to my mind, but I
need to look closer).

Cheers

Nico