Gitlab CI: failed unit tests vs. currently passing CI

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Jan 22 23:38:39 GMT 2022

El diumenge, 23 de gener de 2022, a les 0:09:23 (CET), Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 11:29 AM Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
>
> > El dissabte, 22 de gener de 2022, a les 6:11:29 (CET), Ben Cooksley va
> > escriure:
> > > EXCLUDE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE_AND_ATOn Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 1:31 PM Friedrich

> > "Success"
> > > >

> > > That is correct, only compilation or other internal failures cause the
> > > build to show a failure result.

> > the
> > > >

> > > Also correct.

> > seen
> > >

> > > Correct again.

> > > Gitlab does note changes in the test suite as can currently be seen on
> > > https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kio/-/merge_requests/708
> > > Quoting the page:  "Test summary contained 33 failed and 16 fixed test
> > > results out of 205 total tests"
> > >
> > > It does the same thing for Code Quality - "Code quality scanning detected
> > > 51 changes in merged results"
> >
> > Don't want to derail the confirmation, but those results are terrible,
> > they always say things changed in places not touched by the code of the MR,
> > any idea why?
> >

> Unfortunately not - my only guess would be that cppcheck reports results
> slightly differently which Gitlab has issues interpreting.

Can we just disable it?

Look at the results here https://invent.kde.org/graphics/okular/-/merge_requests/544

Major - Either the condition 'printDialog' is redundant or there is possible null pointer dereference: printDialog. (CWE-476)
in part/part.cpp:3341

Fixed: Major - Either the condition 'printDialog' is redundant or there is possible null pointer dereference: printDialog. (CWE-476)
in part/part.cpp:3340

gitlab my friend, don't you think that maybe, just maybe this is the same code and you shouldn't complain to me about it since the only change to that file is 3000 lines away from it?

I find it confusing, it always makes me sad lowering my productivity.

Cheers,
  Albert