KF6 meeting notes 2022-01-18

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Tue Jan 18 16:43:34 GMT 2022

https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/extra-cmake-modules/-/merge_requests/223
- so https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/extra-cmake-modules/-/merge_requests/
222 instead after all?
- anyone wants to approve that? :)
- once this is in, we need to review the state of unit tests for all
frameworks again

KQuickCharts
- Arjen has looked into porting to QtShaderTools
- needs some smaller changes to the actual shaders
- build system changes are manageable, but multiple files for a single shader
are a problem (needs concatenating via CMake before passing to QtShaderTools)
- not gotten to actually loading the shaders yet

https://phabricator.kde.org/T15127#269860 (KF6 status update)
- KWayland still needs the include path fix
- Plasma 6 Sprint in Feb/Mar
- verify that the new QML module system is QML-API compatible, if not we need
to do that transition before the first KF6 release
- transitioning to https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/extra-cmake-modules/-/
merge_requests/170 now should help with that