Gitlab CI for Windows

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Jan 4 19:57:55 GMT 2022

On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 8:53 AM Christoph Cullmann (cullmann.io) <
christoph at cullmann.io> wrote:

> On 2022-01-04 20:23, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 6:36 AM Christoph Cullmann (cullmann.io [1])
> > <christoph at cullmann.io> wrote:

> >> which

> >> from

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I can take a look.
> >
> > If you could, that would be much appreciated.
>
> Nicolas was faster :=)
>
> I would assume master should already build.
>
> I have some additional small patch here
>

> https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kdeclarative/-/commit/7200ad3d518f199ac040afcaf8d3330fd3f79ab7
>
> Btw., it seems the unit tests fail in the classic CI.
> Is it possible that some data/ dir is created in bin/ for Windows?
> This seems to confuse the auto tests where to find their input.

Yes, that is to be expected.

On Windows QStandardPaths expects to find resources in the folder data/
immediately relative to the executable.
As our executables are installed into bin/ we therefore have to install
those resources (which on a OSS Unix system would be in $prefix/share/)
into $prefix/bin/data/

The CI Tooling also does some additional tweaking in that department by
copying in the resources from the libraries made available via Craft to
that location as well (otherwise things like shared-mime-database won't be
found)

> Greetings
> Christoph

Cheers,