Autodetecting app type (console/GUI), when launching from Dolphin or KRunner

Sławomir Lach slawek at lach.art.pl
Tue Sep 28 12:45:20 BST 2021

I added partial integration KIO with WXConsoleSpawner. I will move code from
WXConsoleSpawner to KIO and integrate it with QT/KDEFrameworks to displaying
GUI in place of libgrattao.

My work aims to detect if started process belongs to console or GUI class. It
uses some assumptions, that (for example) console app will read from terminal
and GUI not. In other hand, GUI app probably will open Wayland socket or will
be linked against Xcb/Xlib.

Currently, KIO requires separate app to working with detection. This
application is mine and hosted on sourceforge.net. It is called
WXConsoleSpawner. WXConsoleSpawner requires libgreattao. The most annoying
think is I added to libgreattao features, which is compatible (currently) only
with GTK4 backend.

Test it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed6oAI3RsyE