Problem with frameworks 5.86.0 and Konqueror

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Sep 19 11:42:22 BST 2021

On dimanche 19 septembre 2021 10:22:38 CEST Stefano Crocco wrote:
> This problem doesn't only affect http(s) URLs: if I enter, for example, a
> man: URL, the man page isn't opened in Konqueror, as it used to, but in
> KHelpCenter, which is something which shouldn't happen at all.

Ah, that part isn't fixed.

My fix with "disabling external browsers" is about http(s).
For other things like man and info, the logic is really "this KRun is being
called from an application which can display HTML itself, don't launch another
process for that". We could add yet another setter, but it's getting ugly,
especially for a deprecated class.

I'm thinking more and more that we need to copy KRun and KParts::BrowserRun
into konqueror, merging it all into KonqRun. Not just because of this issue of
course, but because KRun is deprecated (in favour of OpenUrlJob) for most use
cases, while the konqueror use case is different (opening things in-process
rather than launching an external application, in many cases).

What do you think?

Working on KDE Frameworks 5