Why does KRunner start loading plugins only after typing for the first time?

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Fri Nov 26 16:34:31 GMT 2021

Hi,

when KRunner starts fresh, it will either have to load the plug-ins
right away or when you first type. Either way won't give you the results
any faster, would it? If any, it would delay the KRunner window itself
appearing, making it even more likely your input would not go into KRunner.

If you're looking for a way to optimize KRunner I suggest you
investigate how to make KRunner not wait for the StrutManager in
Plasmashell (plasma-workspace/krunner/view.cpp) to reply before showing
the main window :)

Cheers
Kai uwe