Re[3]: Aw: BluezQt GATT client API

Иван Подкурков podkiva at mail.ru
Fri Jul 16 08:50:01 BST 2021

Dear Manuel,

I have created the  merge request for BluezQt with Gatt client functionality.

Now, I understand it is quite large in size, there are 3 new classes (GattServiceRemote, GattCharacteristicRemote, and GattDescriptorRemote). These are organised in the same manner as adapters and devices, in a tree in form adapter → device → service → characteristic → descriptor.

I haven’t made any autotests for those new classes, but they work fine in our project for a while now. All existing tests do not fail.

Please let me know if I should correct something, or add auto-tests for this request, or do something else,
BRs,
Ivan Podkurkov

>Вторник, 13 июля 2021, 16:25 +03:00 от Иван Подкурков <podkiva at mail.ru>:
>
>Dear Manuel,
>
>I have contacted you regarding the addition of Gatt client classes to BluezQt (almost 2 years ago now, time moves fast). I have checked the current sources of BluezQt, and so far I don’t see Gatt client API’s, although they are supported by Bluez Dbus apis.
>
>Long time ago I have added my own classes to implement this functionality to Bluez-Qt, and now I would like to contribute it to the Bluez-Qt. Can you please advice me on how to proceed with this? Should I create another branch and make merge request in the Bluez-Qt repo or are there any additional procedures?
>
>BRs,
>Ivan Podkurkov
>
>>Понедельник, 26 августа 2019, 10:26 +03:00 от Иван Подкурков < podkiva at mail.ru >:
>>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Thanks a lot for response,
>>
>>However, Qt also provides a BluettothLE API which should work just fine (in client mode).
>>
>>That is very true, but it looks that they don't have any control over pairing process - there are no API to provide "custom Agent" to it (there are in BluezQt though). It might be that I have missed something in their API but so far I haven't saw a way to do that, while I require some custom pairing procedure to be implemented. I asked  question about this on Qt Forum, but haven't got any sensible answer.
>>
>>the GATT client API is not fully implemented (nor tested). Unfortunately, i do not plan to implement this soon.
>>Ok, I see. So, I ended up modifying BluezQt sources with that functionality, adding my own classes for reading/writing/notifying GATT Characteristics (called those GattServiceRemote and GattCharacteristicRemote for now). I have done it a while ago (~8-12 months), and on this week I merged updates from BluezQt main repo (at least it compiles).
>>
>>I am wondering if it is possible to make those modifications to the main repo? I am not really experiences with how exactly open source development works and whether I can push some changes at all, besides it is highly probably requires reviewing, although I tried to follow the code style as much as I could.
>>
>>Please let me know if I can contribute, and I would appreciate any hints on where to start,
>>Best Regards,
>>Ivan Podkurkov
>>
>>>Понедельник, 26 августа 2019, 0:11 +03:00 от Manuel Weichselbaumer < mincequi at web.de >:
>>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>the GATT client API is not fully implemented (nor tested). Unfortunately, i do not plan to implement this soon.
>>>
>>>However, Qt also provides a BluettothLE API which should work just fine (in client mode).
>>>
>>>Best regards,
>>>Manuel Weichselbaumer
>>>
>>>Gesendet:  Freitag, 23. August 2019 um 19:18 Uhr
>>>Von:  "Иван Подкурков" < podkiva at mail.ru >
> [...]