Porting notes / deprecation docs

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Sat Jul 10 17:00:13 BST 2021

Hi,

as mentioned earlier, I would like to document classes/methods/etc that
are going to be deprecated during KF6 development.

For that I scraped up all the deprecation macros from the frameworks and
edited them to be more unified.

Now I need some opinions.

For once, there is still some stuff in deprecation from KDE4 times.
E.g. void setDoScanFile(bool scanFile); from kiowidgets.

I looked up a few of them in
https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Porting_Notes but they are not
mentioned there.

Do you think these need to be mentioned in current porting notes as well
or have they been deprecated for long enough to consider them "over with"?

As for the location, I would probably start putting content in the
community wiki to a place like
https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/KF6_Porting_Notes. Does anyone see
a problem with that? Might is be better to write such docs in markdown
or restructured text for being better suited for a more modern location?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Frederik