KF6 meeting notes 2021-04-24

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sat Apr 24 15:18:49 BST 2021

Hi all,
we had more Plasma people around today, so the work focused on Plasma notes
(some of which turned out to not be really KF6.0 blockers).

Before going into the notes, I'd like to remind everyone that the meeting
happens every Saturday at 15.00 CEST (currently 13.00 GMT) and it uses the
same infrastructure (BBB) of the KF6 sprint:
https://community.kde.org/Sprints/KF6/2021Virtual

Now, the notes.

---
https://phabricator.kde.org/T11587 "Investigate making KColorScheme tier1"
Very useful as it touches several dependencies, but no people around for this,
let's move it to another meeting.

https://phabricator.kde.org/T13889 "Plasma::PluginLoader cleanup"
-> not really KF6, just Plasma. Moved to backlog.

https://phabricator.kde.org/T12611 "Make Breeze a framework and relocate all
of its Plasma theme stuff (e.g. wallpaper) to a different repo still on the
Plasma release schedule"
-> no need for input, move to "move to KF6 branching"

https://phabricator.kde.org/T13467 "Theming in Plasma 6"
A lot of discussions, agreement in place, just a lot of work.
But not blocking for KF6.0.
The only task related to KF6 is the creation/splitting of a SVG library and
its addition to KF6, which is tracked by https://phabricator.kde.org/T12109
-> remove the KF6 tag

https://phabricator.kde.org/T12105 "Plasma Framework: Discussion Configuration
dialogs"
It's a cleanup task, Plasma-only
-> will be updated and KF6 tag removed

https://phabricator.kde.org/T12117 "Plasma framework: qml imports plasma Core"
Clean up in the imports of plasma-frameworks. Relevant for KF6 (and the part
of plasma-frameworks which will stay in KF6).
-> improve the description, move to "at branching time"

https://phabricator.kde.org/T12542 "Fix circular dependency of
applications.menu in KService and plasma-workspace"
Still need some discussion, but no  one around remembers the details right now.

https://phabricator.kde.org/T11903 "KWayland for KF6"
To be reevaluated now that the we have split some wayland stuff in separate
repositories.
Client part should be ported away from KWayland.
-> no "needs input", the direction "port away from kwayland client" is clear
(see last comment), move to "backlog"

There were some questions about a proposed tasks which affects KIconLoader to
switch the default to 24x24  (instead of 22x22)
https://phabricator.kde.org/T14397
-> people are going to look which code is potentially affected this change. On
the Frameworks side, it only affects the "when" to switch the size

For the next meetings: there are tasks which would benefit from having around:

- Kai Uwe (https://phabricator.kde.org/T12536 ,
https://phabricator.kde.org/T11833 , https://phabricator.kde.org/T11875 ,
https://phabricator.kde.org/T12008 )

- more Davids (https://phabricator.kde.org/T12275,
https://phabricator.kde.org/T12542, etc etc etc)

so if you match the description above and read this, please try to be around
next time!

Ciao
--
Luigi