duplicate notifications ?

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Thu Apr 1 07:01:22 BST 2021

Hi,

in liquidshell I'm using a NotificationServer implementation which
listens on new notifications via dbus "org.freedesktop.Notifications".

Some recent KF5 or kmail(?) changes however led now to duplicate notifications.
E.g. In the Notify slot I receive the following notification when I send an email:

app "KDE Mail" summary "E-Mail Successfully Sent" body "Your E-Mail has been sent successfully." timeout -1 replaceId 0 hints QMap(("desktop-entry", QVariant(QString, "org.kde.akonadi_maildispatcher_agent"))("urgency", QVariant(int, 0))("x-kde-appname", QVariant(QString, "akonadi_maildispatcher_agent"))("x-kde-eventId", QVariant(QString, "emailsent"))) actions ()

app "KDE Mail" summary "E-Mail Successfully Sent" body "Your E-Mail has been sent successfully." timeout -1 replaceId 1 hints QMap(("desktop-entry", QVariant(QString, "org.kde.akonadi_maildispatcher_agent"))("urgency", QVariant(int, 0))("x-kde-appname", QVariant(QString, "akonadi_maildispatcher_agent"))("x-kde-eventId", QVariant(QString, "emailsent"))) actions ()

you can see both are the same with the exception that the second has "replaceId 1"
telling me to replace the first one I got (the second comes immediately after the first).

So the question is: why do I now always get these duplicate notifications ?
This is surely a bug, but where ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Frühstück, Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at