D29740: [PC3 Button] Don't remain in a pressed state after press

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 14 11:30:50 BST 2020

filipf created this revision.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
filipf requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  We have two interfering button background items right now:

  - surfaceNormal when it has activeFocus and is using using the "focus-background" item
  - surfacePressed

  After a button is pressed surfacePressed correctly disappears but surfaceNormal remains in the "focus-background" state, thereby making the button still look pressed.

  The problem is that the button still has activeFocus even after a press.

  To solve this we switch the "focus-background" to only show up on visualFocus. Per Qt documentation on visual Focus:
  "In general, for visualizing key focus, this property is preferred over Item::activeFocus. This ensures that key focus is only visualized when interacting with keys - not when interacting via touch or mouse."

  Given that we have surfacePressed for focus accomplished with a mouse or touch, visualFocus will only detect tabbing and therefore the button no longer remains pressed after a press and behaves like its PC2 counterpart.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)

BRANCH
  dont-remain-pressed (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  src/declarativeimports/plasmacomponents3/Button.qml