D28298: Reduce superfluous changedEntriesChanged emissions

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 26 09:33:28 GMT 2020

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Frameworks, leinir, ahiemstra.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  For some reason I couldn't entirely get behind, `changedEntries` was signalled to change on the QML side on component creation.
  Even when replacing the `Binding` by a direct binding, this wouldn't work. However, while I can't just `alias` it, it turns out, `ghnsDialog` already has a `changedEntries` alias, which we can then just bind to.
  Furthermore, don't signal a change when clearing if it was already empty.

  This fixes the wallpaper model in Plasma reloading in-flight, causing thumbnail generation to fail. While this is a genuine bug in the model it only started to be a problem with GHNS needlessly reloading the model.

  BUG: 419234

TEST PLAN
  - My thumbnails show up fine again
  - Installing a new thumbnail still reloads the model (`changedEntries` is signalled to change when I install something)

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff

AFFECTED FILES
  src/qtquick/qml/Button.qml