T12855: [Breeze Icons] Get rid of redundancy in icons-dark/

David Hurka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 25 23:09:01 GMT 2020

davidhurka added a comment.

  I have created montages of the different icons. The original files to the left, the generated to the right. (Hover the images to see the file path)

  There are false positives:
  F8199094: categories_32_applications-development.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8199094>

  Many have title bar buttons or panel buttons which should not be recolored:
  F8199096: categories_32_applications-engineering.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8199096>
  F8199101: devices_64_computer.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8199101>

  Many have more subtle differences (look at the screws):
  F8199104: devices_64_drive-partition.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8199104>

  Many have big differences (which can maybe be avoided by improving the color substitution):
  F8199106: devices_64_network-rj45-female.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8199106>

  Sometimes the generated ones look better (debatable):
  F8199111: emblems_22_rating.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8199111>
  F8199113: actions_32_cursor-cross.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8199113>

  In some icons I don’t see whether the difference is intended (look at the border):
  F8199116: actions_16_format-border-set-left.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8199116>

  The script takes the output file of compare-dark-light.pl as argument. First you need to create the directory montages/.
  F8199092: montage-apparently-different-icons.pl <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8199092>

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T12855