D17816: Support for xattrs on kio copy/move

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 15 21:15:29 GMT 2020

bruns requested changes to this revision.
bruns added inline comments.

> jobtest.cpp:568
> +
> +void JobTest::compareXattr(const QString &src, const QString &dest, QString &command)
> +{

remove the command parameter from the method, use e.g. a `m_xattrGetCommand` JobTest member

> jobtest.cpp:593
> +
> +    QStringList arguments = {"-n", "name", src};
> +    QHashIterator<QString, QString> i(attrs);

By just iterating over the expected xattrs, extraneous attrs will be silently skipped. Use '-d'

> jobtest.cpp:613
> +
> +        arguments.replace(2, dest);
> +        xattrreader.start(command, arguments);

Redundant code.

Call this function once after writing the source, compare with what you tried to write.

Call another time for each copy operation.

> jobtest.cpp:626
> +
> +QString getXattrCommand()
> +{

Do the lookup once in `JobTest::initTestCase`

> jobtest.cpp:626
> +
> +QString getXattrCommand()
> +{

Check for both set and get commands.

> jobtest.cpp:641
> +    }
> +    return command.split("/").last();
> +}

Keep the full path.

> jobtest.cpp:687
> +    QVERIFY2(job->exec(), qPrintable(job->errorString()));
> +    compareXattr(src, dest, command); // Our test
> +

If this copy never happened, the check would still succeed.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO