D25315: KDirModel: implement showing a root node for the requested URL

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 8 16:39:09 GMT 2020

dfaure marked an inline comment as done.
dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ahmadsamir wrote in kdirmodel.h:79
> I suggest:
> s/its children/the first child/ OR
> s/at its children/directly at the first child/

That sounds more confusing to me, depending on how one thinks about all this.

There's nothing special about the first child compared to other direct children, one misinterpretation of your suggested sentence would be that the first child will be shown but not its siblings.

If ShowRoot is not set, then the given URL isn't shown, its children are. All of them :)

> ahmadsamir wrote in kdirmodeltest_gui.cpp:92
> I think a test with "file:///usr/share/fonts" would work better, i.e. the url arg is the top/focus of the model.

Making file:/// work was actually more trouble so it's worth having an easy way to test this. This is an interactive test anyway, you can pass /usr/share/fonts as argument if you want to test that path :-)

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO