Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Sat Jul 11 16:23:21 BST 2020

On 2020-07-09 10:03, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> On 2020-07-08 00:07, David Faure wrote:

>>> I will take a look if I can find some existing bug or open a new.
>>>
>>> Simon left Qt, or?
>>
>> Yes but I think that was already the case when he fixed the last one
>> :-)
>
> I did so some research.
>
> Might this be fixed by
>
> https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtdeclarative.git/commit/src/qml?h=5.15&id=082247604219316035484cfdc83662936df2edb5
>
> or
>
> https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtdeclarative.git/commit/src/qml?h=5.15&id=082247604219316035484cfdc83662936df2edb5
>
> At least the backtraces in the referenced bugs look similar.
>
> That isn't in 5.15?
>
> Is there a chance to have the CI use some Qt with these backported?
> (or is it already and it is a different issue?)

I talked with Simon and very likely these commits in the 5.15 branch
would fix our issues.

Is there a change to get a patched Qt for the CI?

If that fixes it, actually, it would be highly important to get these
fixes in the distro Qt packages,
otherwise all of KDE that uses the QJSEngine (or QML) will just randomly
crash.

Greetings
Christoph

--